Friday, October 15, 2010

Diigo

This week two of my classes are venturing into the land of social collaboration with Diigo. It will allow social bookmarking, but more importantly it offers annotation tools for use on the web. Now we can write notes in the margins of web pages, and those notes can appear on any web enabled computer.


So far, I'm impressed with Diigo's education program. It gives enough control to the teachers to manage users in their class. Teachers can create accounts for students, set and retrieve passwords, and add and remove users from groups. After hosting my own moodle, online services that don't give teachers these powers seem woefully limited. If can't help student who has forgotten their password, that student will miss out that class.


diigo education pioneer

1 comment:

  1. YAY! So glad to see you here :)

    I love this. I did not know that Diigo had an Education program. Sounds fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete